Welcome back to another Monday Morning Q&A where I toss out some questions to get a feel of how you guys and gals are feeling about certain topics.
So here are 5 questions I’d like to toss out for this week. I’ll give my answers, too, but the key here is that I want to know what YOU think! So make sure you chime in!
1) When do you think Theory will try to cash in the Money in the Bank contract, and will he be successful in winning the title?
Right now, I’m leaning more toward Theory holding it past even WrestleMania. I don’t think WWE is going to pull the trigger on him any time soon, as he’s not at the level to take on what Roman Reigns is doing, nor do I think it would be a smart decision for him to fail his cash-in in the next few months, either.
I’m nervous about the idea that Theory could steal the world title away from Cody Rhodes and we’ll have to dance around that for a bit. I’m down for Cody to win the title and to eventually drop it to Theory, but I want a legitimate reign for Rhodes and not just one of those “moment was spoiled and that gives heat to the heel for a bigger story that WWE is going to claim we need to be patient, for, only for plans to change and it all gets screwed up and we should just forgive and forget” scenarios.
If I had to venture a guess on Monday morning before even Raw gives us any indication of where this is going, I think there’s even a chance Theory loses the briefcase to Rhodes, but I’ll say Theory cashes in after Mania and fails to win the belt.
2) When do you think Liv Morgan will lose the SmackDown Women’s Championship? Who do you think will beat her?
That’s such a downer to think of, isn’t it? But it is worth talking about, as I don’t think Morgan’s carrying that belt into WrestleMania by any means. Zero chance. If you don’t believe me, just look at what WWE did with Big E for proof of how this will go down.
I’m a bit worried Morgan’s dropping the belt as quickly as SummerSlam, with someone like Charlotte Flair coming back and swooping in to steal her thunder. However, that could just be the jaded cynical fan in me thinking of the most disappointing situation.
I’m imagining Morgan will have some feuds with Shayna Baszler, Lacey Evans and a handful of others. When Bayley returns, they’ll have a feud, too. But I do still think Flair is getting that belt prior to Day 1 and we’ll see The Queen against Raquel Rodriguez at WrestleMania.
3) NXT Great American Bash is coming up tomorrow night. Give us your list of who you think will win the matches currently scheduled.
- Bron Breakker will beat Cameron Grimes
- Cora Jade and Roxanne Perez will beat Toxic Attraction for the tag titles
- Carmelo Hayes will retain the North American title over Grayson Waller
- Wes Lee will beat Trick Williams
- The Creed Brothers will retain the tag titles over Roderick Strong and Damon Kemp
- Tiffany Stratton will beat Wendy Choo
4) Who do you consider to be the most patriotic wrestling character of all time? The Patriot? Kurt Angle? Lex Luger on the Lex Express? John Cena? The US Express? Jack Swagger? Etc?
A few names come to mind, including those above. You can’t forget about Sgt. Slaughter, but you can’t pick him after he became an Iraqi sympathizer, right?
The American Dream Dusty Rhodes has a place in this argument, but wasn’t decked out in the flag like some others. Hacksaw Jim Duggan basically made a career off carrying the flag and a 2×4, so he’s up there.
But I’m going Hulk Hogan. The guy was Mr. America, beat Sgt. Slaughter and Iron Sheik and others as a full-blown USA representative, and was always associated with American pride.
5) Not to ignore AEW completely, what would you like to see as the fallout from Blood & Guts?
First off, the match was great. That needs to be said. As far as the repercussions, I’m hoping this is nearing the end of the Jericho Appreciation Society vs. Blackpool Combat Club and Company feud, or maybe that that was the full blow-off, and that we get something between Eddie Kingston and Claudio Castagnoli to spin out of it.
Kingston was upset that he didn’t get Jericho to tap out. While he should be happy they won the match, it didn’t quench his thirst for validation. Since he and Claudio have beef already, it makes sense to make that the next focal point. Ruby Soho and Tay Conti is clearly something to capitalize on, and we could see some other feuds lingering, but I don’t want Jon Moxley defending the interim title against Jericho at All Out or anything along those lines, for example.
Let us know your thoughts about these questions by answering them in the comments!