ENG vs IND 3rd ODI Dream11 Prediction & Fan2Play Possible 11 Pitch Report | IND vs ENG 3rd ODI Dream11 Prediction Today | England vs India 3rd ODI Key Players | Old Trafford Pitch Report
Who thought the bowlers would be this dominant in an ODI series consisting of two strong batting lineups in England? Well, that is exactly how it has transpired, with an average of just 20.53 per wicket, only made better thanks to India’s 114/0 in the first match.
Which batting lineup will stand up and be counted? Much of the focus remains on Virat Kohli’s lack of runs, but the focus for India needs to be more partnerships. They began to string partnerships together at Lord’s, only to be cut short en-route to a disappointing 146-all out in pursuit of what looked a very gettable 247.
For England, the bounce back was terrific. They have been accustomed to winning high-scoring matches over the years, but the ability to defend a sub-250 total – courtesy mainly of Reece Topley’s remarkable 6/24 – is cause for confidence. However, like India, they regularly strung small partnerships together without carrying on to make the bigger scores.
On a warm day in Manchester that may aid swing and drift, a good start will be crucial with the bat for both sides in the decider.
ENG vs IND 3rd ODI Possible Playing 11
Craig Overton was steady in the second ODI, but England could look to give Sam Curran an opportunity.
England: 1. Jason Roy, 2. Jonny Bairstow, 3. Joe Root, 4. Ben Stokes, 5. Jos Buttler (c & wk), 6. Liam Livingstone, 7. Moeen Ali, 8. David Willey, 9. Craig Overton/Sam Curran, 10. Brydon Carse, 11. Reece Topley
In addition to whether India can seal this series, a lot of focus is on Virat Kohli’s form. Pakistan captain Babar Azam showed support to Kohli, who is short of runs.
India: 1. Rohit Sharma (c), 2. Shikhar Dhawan, 3. Virat Kohli, 4. Rishabh Pant (wk), 5. Surykumar Yadav, 6. Hardik Pandya, 7. Ravindra Jadeja, 8. Mohammed Shami, 9. Jasprit Bumrah, 10. Yuzvendra Chahal, 11. Prasidh Krishna
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Jonny Bairstow showed glimpses of his best form in the second ODI (38 off 38 balls) but couldn’t go on. He has an outstanding record in ODIs at Manchester, with 425 runs in eight matches at an average of 60.71. This includes two fifties and two centuries.
- Joe Root is also yet to influence this series. He averages 49.26 in 20 ODIs vs India, but will be seeking an improvement on his record at this ground: 7 inns, 186 runs, avg. 26.57, SR 78.15.
- Jos Buttler’s average of 20.27 in 18 ODI knocks against India remains a concern. He struck a memorable 110* against Australia on this ground in 2018.
- Reece Topley was outstanding in the last match. His 6/24 was just the second time an England men’s player took a five-wicket haul in ODIs at Lord’s. His battle against Rohit in particular could make for good viewing.
- Incredibly, David Willey is England’s leading run-scorer in this series (62). His lower order runs could be of importance in a decider.
- Willey’s battle with India’s top three is also of significance. In ODIs, he has dismissed Rohit once in 39 balls (22 runs), Dhawan twice in 87 balls (54 runs) and Kohli in the last match.
- Rohit Sharma struck a memorable 140 on this ground against Pakistan in the 2019 World Cup. His battle with England’s left-arm seamers could be key to the result. If he gets through the initial phase, he can go big as he loves batting in England in ODIs: 26 inns, 1,411 runs, avg. 67.19, SR 90.68.
- It has been the case of a few good shots then out for Virat Kohli. One innings can be all it takes to find his stride again. He has struck two fifties in three ODIs at Old Trafford, so can this be the day he gets a big score?
- Hardik Pandya’s battle with England’s hard-hitters will make for riveting viewing. After setting a record in the first T20I, Hardik then displayed glimpses of his all-round ability in the last ODI (2/28 and 29).
- India will aim to have Mohammed Shami bowl to Jos Buttler. He dismissed the star cheaply in the second ODI, which is the fifth time he has dismissed Buttler in 52 balls in ODIs.
- Shami has taken an impressive 17 wickets in seven ODIs against England in England (avg. 17.64). In 10 ODIs overall in England, Shami has 26 scalps at an average of 16.30.
- Yuzvendra Chahal was brilliant in the second ODI (4/47). He hasn’t had the best of outings at Old Trafford, with three wickets in three ODIs at an average of 51.67 and economy rate of 6.46.
- Jasprit Bumrah has taken eight wickets in this series and 30 scalps in 16 ODIs in England. Overall at Old Trafford, Bumrah has figures of 3/100 off 24 overs.
Other Stats and Facts
- Head-to-head: Matches 105, England 44, India 56, ties 2, N/R 3.
- Should India send Suryakumar Yadav up to number four? He recently scored a brilliant century in the third T20I and was looking in decent touch in the second ODI (27 off 29 balls).
- Prasidh Krishna has taken 20 wickets in nine ODIs at an average of 19.00 and economy rate of 5.05. This includes two four-wicket hauls.
- Jason Roy has scored just 92 runs in six ODIs at Old Trafford at an average of 15.33. He scored 63 in one of the innings.
- Ben Stokes also has moderate batting numbers on this ground: 5 inns, 86 runs, avg. 21.50.
Old Trafford Manchester Pitch Report and Weather
Sunday will mark the beginning of a string of very hot days in Manchester. Temperatures are expected to reach degrees in this day game, with cloud cover forecast. This may assist swing in the early overs. No rain is expected.
The last time an ODI was played on this ground was in 2020. Australia played three ODIs behind closed doors in the first year of the COVID-19 pandemic. The average first innings score in that series was 275.67, with the team batting first winning two of the three games.
ENG vs IND 3rd ODI Dream11 Prediction 17 July 2022
Note: The below teams are not based on the final playing XIs. We may not be able to update these in time. Use the stats and commentary in this article as well as your own instincts to create your teams.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Dream11, Fan2Play offers lower credit scores for 11-player fantasy teams. Check out and download the app here. See more below.
- Wicket-Keepers: Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler
- Batsmen: Rohit Sharma, Joe Root
- All-rounders: Hardik Pandya
- Bowlers: Jasprit Bumrah, Reece Topley
ENG vs IND 3rd ODI Match Prediction: Who will win?
If there was ever an unpredictable match, this is it. Both teams have shown that they can dominate with the ball, and both sides are also capable of clicking with the bat.
Ultimately, a total of 270+ can be a tough chase with both bowling attacks in good touch.